Certain time you may find that you are not accessing internet on the computer on which you have got the McAfee antivirus installed rather you are accessing the internet on some other device in which you don’t have any antivirus installed. At that situation you have option to Uninstall McAfee antivirus from that device and again install and activate on another device. Now the question that may come in your mind is that what are the steps of uninstallation? Don’t worry we are providing here the steps. At any point of time you feel that you are having problem in understanding then don’t hesitate to call in McAfee customer support number and take help of the experts.
If you want to completely remove the McAfee virus protection software from a windows computer, then you have to do two things. First of all, you can use windows control panel to Uninstall McAfee from the device. After that you have to download the McAfee consumer product removal tool. After downloading it you have to run to remove the antivirus completely. Once done you need to restart the computer if you have an active license then you can have McAfee installation in some other computer. Let’s now discuss the steps that are involved in the uninstallation process through windows:
- Firstly, make sure that you have closed any McAfee software present on your computer.
- Then you have to select search from the windows start button. In the space provided you have to type ‘programs and features’ and then you have to click ‘go’.
- When programs and features appear in the search results then you need to double click on it. If any help is required in this step, then give a call in McAfee help
- Now you will find ‘McAfee security center’ in that you will find the ‘uninstall’ icon. You will simply have to click on that and you will get list of instructions that you have to follow one by one and you will be able to Uninstall McAfee from the computer.
These steps are applicable only when you want to uninstall it through the windows. While using McAfee mobile security the steps of uninstallation will be different. If you want to use McAfee consumer product removal tool, then you have to follow some other steps of instructions. Those steps are:
- Most importantly you have to download the McAfee consumer product removal tool. If you need help in the downloading process, then contact McAfee customer service
- Then you have to click on the file to activate it on your computer then follow the instructions that appear on the screen. If you have problem in following it then you can call us in McAfee antivirus support
- When you get the account control dialog box then you have to click yes and then you need to read and agree the licensing agreement.
These steps are very simple and easy to follow. If these steps are followed accurately then you will be able to Uninstall McAfee antivirus very easily.